new Delhi: The central government on Thursday termed the allegations as “completely baseless”, stating that the government was quick to say that Kovid-19 vaccine was not the cause of death of 19 health workers. The government said that no such evidence has been found so far that it could be known that the health workers died due to the vaccine. According to the government, details of the deaths of 19 health workers will be made public after knowing the opinion of experts. The nationwide vaccination campaign started on 16 January.
Rajesh Bhushan, Secretary in the Ministry while replying to a question asked during a press conference, said that India has a very strong system of surveillance on the side effects of vaccination and details of the deaths of 19 people will be made public soon. NITI Aayog member VK Paul said that so far no case of death due to vaccine has been reported.
Paul said, “It has been established that the vaccine is safe. Minimum side effects have been observed after giving forty five million doses such as one in 1,150 vaccine side effects. No death has been reported so far. This proves that the vaccine is safe. Giving clarification on the issue of post-vaccine death, Bhushan said that committees studying its side effects after vaccination have said that no evidence could be found that could prove that 19 Vaccine was the cause of death of people. He said that once the decision is taken at the national level committee meeting, there will be clarity on this issue.