Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman made several important announcements in her budget speech on Monday for education and skill development. He said that the National Apprenticeship Training Scheme will be formulated. Graduate and diploma holders will be given engineering training. Additional funds will be released for this. Negotiations are underway with the UAE and Japan for skill development, industrial and vocational training. Training programs are also currently underway between India and Japan. This will lead to skill development among Indians. To promote research and innovation in the country, the Finance Minister said, it has been decided to arrange Rs. 50 thousand crore for the National Research Foundation during the next 5 years so that research and development will be done in the country Processes will be strengthened.
More than 100 military schools will open
Announced to open more than 100 new Sainik Schools in the country. He said that the number of Sainik Schools will be increased in association with NGOs, private schools and states.
758 Eklavya schools to be opened
The Finance Minister said that 758 Eklavya schools will be opened in tribal areas. This will strengthen basic facilities for children in tribal areas. Central assistance will be increased for Scheduled Caste children. This will benefit over 4 crore Dalit students.
Higher Education Commission will be formed
The Finance Minister said, ‘Higher Education Commission was mentioned in the last budget. It will be formed soon. The law will be amended for this. It will have four branches which will look after standards and funding. A large structure will be developed in 9 cities. The synergy between it, economic autonomy will be maintained.
Other important announcement
– – Mobile will be expensive. Announcement of 2.5% increase in custom duty on equipment. Apart from this, the custom duty on gold and silver has been reduced. Not only this, the duty on steel has come down.
– Three year old tax cases will not open now. Earlier the tax assessment limit was 6 years. In this way the government has attempted to eliminate the complexity of the taxation system.
– Under Section 80EEA of Income Tax, exemption will now be applied to loans taken till March 31, 2022. The Finance Minister said that we have also taken measures to ease GST.
– The elderly above 75 years will no longer have to file income tax returns. Such relief will be given to such people, whose source of earning will be only pension.
– 17 new public health units to be commissioned. They will also be built at 32 airports. National Institution of World Health will be formed. 9 Bio Lab to be set up. Four National Institute of Virology will be formed.
– One lakh 41 thousand crore rupees will be spent on Urban Clean India Mission 2.0. Two thousand crore rupees will be spent on clean air in the next five years.
Scrap policy will come for old vehicles. Fitness certificate will have to be taken for every vehicle. Voluntary scrap policy will be launched soon.
– 18 thousand crore rupees have been allocated for government bus services. Apart from this, metro projects have been announced for cities like Bangalore, Nagpur, Chennai, Kochi.